I plan to immigrate to Canada


To immigrate to Canada and become a Canadian Permanent Resident, you will need to apply for and be issued a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa. There are various programs under which you may qualify for Canadian immigration, but it’s important to identify the best one for your particular situation.
is a skilled worker or a professional Federal Skilled Worker Program through  Express Entry

a skilled tradesperson Federal Skilled Trades Program through Express Entry
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before applying Canadian Experience Class through Express Entry
is interested to apply to a specific province or territory Provincial Nominee Program

  • semi- or low-skilled job  (NOC C or D), or
  • through Express Entry for a
    » Managerial job (NOC skill level 0),
    » Professional job (NOC skill type A), or
    » Technical job and skilled trade (NOC skill type B)
is an experienced entrepreneur with support from a Canadian designated organization Start-Up Visa
has relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics or experience in farm management Self-Employed Persons Program
is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada under the Family Class; includes spouse, conjugal or common-law partner, dependent child (this includes an adopted child) or other eligible relatives. Family Sponsorship
is working as a caregiver in Canada. There are now three ways to apply for permanent residence through the Caregiver Program.

  • Caring for Children Pathway
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway
  • Lived-in Caregiver Program
    (for live-in caregivers with a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit, as well as first time holders of Live-in Caregiver Program work permit submitted to Service Canada on or before November 30, 2014.)
is a refugee requiring resettlement from outside Canada. Convention Refugee Abroad Class
are outside her/his home country and outside of Canada; and cannot return there due to a well-founded fear of persecution; UNHCR/referral organization-referred, and selected as a government-assisted or privately sponsored refugee, or have the funds needed to support herself/himself and any dependants after arrival in Canada.

Country of Asylum Class
are outside her/his home country and and have been, and continue to be, seriously and personally affected by civil war or armed conflict, or have suffered massive violations of human rights
UNHCR/referral organization-referred, and selected as a privately-sponsored refugee, or have the funds needed to support herself/himself and any dependants after arrival in Canada.

in 2014-2015, is a refugee from these countries:
Eritrea, Ethiopia, Congo, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan, Iraqis, Iran, Syria, Bhutan, Burma,  Colombia
Sponsor a refugee: Blended VOR ProgramHave met eligibility and admissibility criteria, and matched with a sponsor who is on a cost-sharing agreement with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, before they can travel to Canada