The client support worker provides a high level of hospitality and support to participants arriving for and departing from IWC, with a particular focus on ensuring accessibility for parents with strollers. Assists with other hospitality-related tasks, such as preparing meeting or event space and preparing coffee and other refreshments for program participants, clients and other guests. In addition, performs other tasks to support the front desk activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; fluency in another language is an asset.
- Valid Police Check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and friendly demeanour.
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit setting is preferred.
- Physically able to assist mother’s with strollers, able to lift 30 lbs.
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks to support IWC front desk activities and operation.
- Assist parents arriving for programming, facilitating access the building for parents with strollers and small children, primarily during the periods of 9:00-9:45 am , 12:00-1:00 pm and 2:30 pm -3:00 pm.
- Assist in reception duties as needed including, but not limited to, taking calls, completing an intake data entry of new and existing clients' interests, booking appointments, greeting clients in person and on the phone.
- Collaborate with the front desk to aid the individuals and with families to complete initial intake process for the Settlement and/or Employment Programs.
- Provide information about IWC services via the website's chat function.
- Assist with hospitality-related tasks, such as preparing meeting or event space and preparing coffee and other refreshments for program participants, clients and other guests.
- Maintain common areas such as the reception, supplies room, small kitchen and kitchen, clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform office support duties including, but not limited to purchasing materials and supplies, making deliveries, copying, shredding, cleaning and data input, as required.
- Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, administrate bus ticket distribution following the Transportation Assistance Policy and Procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.